Monday, October 8, 2012

2012 Artisan Design Team Projects for October - Part 1

Smiley from millan.netThe fall is already just flitting on by. I LOVE the colors, the smells ... the SOUP!! (I'm a self-professed soup FIEND!) And it's already time to share my Artisan projects for the month. I'm LOVING the Autumn Accents Bigz Die ... Leaves, leaves and MORE leaves!! Put it together with the coordinating Wonderfall Stamp Set and life is GOOD!

I have had the same framed art piece hanging in my kitchen FOR.EV.ER!! I was excited when I decided to update it a little to go with the goodies I received this month ... and this is what I came up with (to be honest, the trickiest part about this was mixing all my paints together to come up with a suitable brown ... isn't it always the way that when there is one color that you NEED, it's the only one you don't HAVE??!)

It is already happily hanging in my kitchen ... instead of putting the word "FALL" across the leaves in big letters (which was my FIRST inclination!), I just added the simple sentiment of "gratitude" ... that way I can have it hanging all year long as a reminder to be grateful!

Stamps: Wonderfall, Fabulous Phrases
Paper: Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, More Mustard, Very Vanilla
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Autumn Accents Bigz Die, Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Word Window Punch, Linen Thread, Early Espresso 1/8" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Pearl Basics, Brushed Bronze Designer Buttons, Dimensionals, Frame
Photobucket

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This is lovely - I really like the beautiful autumn colours, the patterns and the textures.

Linda W said...

Wow, that is really awesome!! That deserves an award!!!

Cindy Beach said...

What a beautiful framed display! LOVE this project, Wendy! Great mix of colors and textures, especially my-most-favorite detail of the pearls on the leaf tips.

Carol Carriveau said...

I love this...your colors and positioning of hte leaves and acorns...anyone would love to hang this in their home!

ElisaBell said...

STOP it! If you ever come to my house again my husband will blame YOU for my locking myself in my craft room. Not only do I have to copy your awesome wreath but now I have to make this framed project as well!

You are too talented. :)

Amy said...

Beautiful. I love the way you arranged the leaves!

Pearl Rose said...

Love your wall art. What size frame did you use?

Anonymous said...

Love this project. A couple of questions - what are the dimensions on the frame and what did you do for the background. Also, the date of your wreath posting. I didn't see it. Thanks!