Friday, September 5, 2014

High Five!!

Well, DANG!! Where on EARTH did THIS week go???? After the super-amazing-whirlwind-fun long weekend I had last week with my bestie, Bree Renwick, at Disneyland for my birthday AND to run the Disneyland Half Marathon, I have STRUGGLING to get back to SOME sort of NORMAL!!! (WHAT IS that, really???) I'll get back to our adventures in a minute ...

First off, however, I have been DYING to share this uber-large card with y'all. I made this card as a "thank you" for Bonnie Oscarson. She is the General Young Womens President for the LDS Church. We had the blessing of having her come and speak with our girls up at camp in July. She was AMAZING!!! (and I HAD to drag out my "old-but-not-forgotten" retired "I'm Here" stamp set!! Soooo glad I haven't gotten rid of this!) She taught the girls all about the importance of "high fives" ... the card is 8"x8" ...


See the inside? I was really happy that we got the girls' signatures to fit just PERFECTLY on the strip of cardstock I was carrying around camp as I chased each of them down to sign it!





Here are the "high fives" ... goals that Sister Oscarson wanted the girls to think about each time they saw/participated in a "high five" with someone ...

I made this "high five" using MDS and my beloved Silhouette eCutter. I had to manipulate the arrow a bit. Since this particular image is an embellishment, the arrow that was "behind" in when I imported it into the Silhouette software wasn't showing up. So, I improvised and used a DIFFERENT arrow (which I kinda had to crop and stretch out of shape to make it work). Not NEARLY as complicated as it sounds!! VERY happy with how this turned out!!

Stamps: I'm Here (retired), Alphabet Rotary, Gorgeous Grunge
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Pink Pirouette, Coastal Cabana, Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Fresh Prints DSP (retired)
Ink:  Crumb Cake
Accessories: Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (Star), 1/4" Circle Punch, Banner Punch, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Spiral Punch, 1 1/4" Square Punch, Linen Thread, Gold Sequin Trim, Sewing Machine, eCutter (Silhouette)
MDS Downloads: This and That Retro Fresh (High Five), Hooray for Today (Arrow 2)
Font: Thirsty Script (cut out with Silhouette)




Now ... on to our Disneyland adventure!!! Yeah ... we dressed up!! How can you NOT dress up when it's a Disney event????



Here we are JUST after we crossed the finish line!! (I hafta admit, Bree looks MUCH better than I do!)! 13.1 miles of FUN stuff to see and do!! We even got to run through Angels Stadium with a HUGE crowd of cheering fans!! It.Was.Amazing!


And here we are all cleaned up ... had the BEST time with this woman on my birthday!! We came home TOTALLY wiped out from all the walking, running, eating and playing we did ... but it was WELL worth it!

 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

2 comments:

Wendie Waldman said...

Love your card and layout!

Diana Carr said...

Great Card! Love your marathon outfit. My daughter is doing the princess half marathon at Disney World in February.