Monday, May 11, 2015

Fun with Some Sneaky New Products for Mother's Day!

What a weekend!!! Was so grateful to spend Mother's Day with my own mama and mother-in-law, as well as some of my daughters friends, my daughter and one of my sons (had to settle for a Skype session with my oldest son who is having a WONDERFUL adventure in China at the moment). My daughter had ACL reconstructive surgery last Thursday, so I have been in FULL-ON Mom Mode ... doing all the things that us mama's do best when our "littles" (even if they have grown into "bigs") need help recuperating. It's been great having her home and being able to spend some one-on-one time with her! Makes this mama happy!

So .... I pulled all of the goodies out of my preorder box that I received from SU on Thursday. I feel I hit the jackpot with the Floral Wings stamp set ... I guess I didn't "get it" when I saw the picture of it in the catty ... I am SO IN LOVE with it!!!! So happy to have it in my collection! Thought it was a PERFECT set to make Mother's Day cards for my mamas!!

Stamps: Floral Wings
Paper: Mint Macaroon, Tip Top Taupe, Whisper White
Ink: Mint Macaroon, Tip Top Taupe, Watermelon Wonder
Accessories: Bold Butterfly Framelits (New), Butterfly Thinlits, 1" Dotted Lace Trim (Top Top Taupe), Venetian Crochet Trim, Bitty Banners Framelits, Fun Frames Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Project Life Corner Rounder, Linen Thread, Pearl Basics

After a few more days of nurse-maiding and running my daughter to and from PT appointments, I will be leaving toward the end of the week to fly to Reno with MY mama to watch my niece graduate from college!!! SO proud of this girl!!! Never a dull moment around here, I swear!!

 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

5 comments:

Rochelle Blok said...

This is just stunning Wendy! Can't wait to go and create with my set!

Carol Carriveau said...

Beautiful card and you did indeed hit the jackpot.... SOrry to hear about your daughter's surgery but am sure she is enjoying (to a certain extent!) having her mommy taking great care of her! Very happy that you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Tanya said...

That is GORGEOUS!!! I love how you did the butterfly layers!

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, WOW, Wendy, this is gorgeous! Loving it!

Cindy Beach said...

i LOVE this Wendy! The new colors are so fresh and your card is gorgeous! The ribbons layer beautifully.