Friday, November 27, 2015

Fab Friday #78 ... AKA Black Friday!

How can it be BLACK FRIDAY already again???? And it also happens to be Fab Friday!! HOORAY!!

To be honest, I have been a most SERIOUS Black Friday shopper for about 20 years ... no joke!! (For those of you not from the US, Black Friday is an INSANE excuse for retailers to get people to act like complete lunatics by waiting in line in the dark and cold, and then pushing past THRONGS of people to squeeze through the doors, and then RACING like a maniac to try to find that "special" item that you saw in the retailer's ad that was "on sale" for the "first-come/first-served" people). I have actually been very successful doing these for a great many years ...

HOWEVER ... it is really turned into a kind of UGLY thing! And I finally decided THIS year that I was going to forego the trek to any store at Zero Dark Thirty ... and I have been doing all my Black Friday shopping ONLINE!!! IN MY PAJAMAS!!! YAY ME!!

On to my card for this week's challenge ... there is a local florist shop that has the most GORGEOUS poinsettias I have EVER laid eyes on ... and I have been tempted MANY a year to buy one. Alas, we all know the life expectancy on a poinsettia is very limited ... and I can't seem to justify the $50+ it costs to buy one ... so I MADE one! And YES ... they DO look like this!!

Stamps: Among the Branches, Gorgeous Grunge
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Gold Foil
Ink: Crumb Cake, Really Red
Accessories: Softy Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Festive Flower Builder Punch, White Accents (Colored with gold Sharpie), Gold Sequin Trim, Circle Framelits, Burlap Ribbon







This is a really great and really simple layout ... LOTS of room for interpretation!






Excited to see what all of our challenge players come up with!!

Here's a link to the Fab Friday Challenge Blog so you can play along:

Fab Friday Challenge Blog

Check out the Fab blogs of my fellow Fab Friends:

Mindy Backes
Cindy Beach
Heather Heroldt
Brian King
Justin Krieger
Amanda Mertz
Brenda Myers
Pam Steckman
Jan Tinklenberg

Tomorrow is the Annual Weixler Family Apple Pressing Day!!! Food, laughter, hugs, work ... and close to 500 GALLONS of apple juice are gonna happen!!! Best.Family.Tradition.EVER!!

 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

3 comments:

Linda Vich said...

Wendy, this is a stunning creation! I absolutely LOVE the poinsettia!

Wendie Waldman said...

You are brilliant! Love your poinsettia and your card. I believe this variety of poinsettia is called "Country Quilt" (http://www.armstronggarden.com/plants/poinsettias/country-quilt.html). Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.

Carol Carriveau said...

Your poinsettia is fabulous and yes looks like some we see here in CA! Love your description of Black Friday! Sure seems to capture some of the videos showing on the news....people in fights....insane crowds! Happily my shopping is nearly done and I do no shopping over this long weekend....good for you for letting your fingers do the shopping!