Sunday, April 3, 2016

Monday Montage #66


What an AWESOME weekend!!! And what makes it even MORE awesome is that the Monday Montage crew is sharing their creativity with us all once again! I had SO much fun making this card ... and have all SORTS of ideas about ones that I want to make that are similar ...

I was the Challenge Hostess on Splitcoaststampers on Friday ... this was a sample I made for my challenge. I called the challenge "One Plus One". The idea was to use only ONE color and ONE neutral to make a card. I wasn't sure even I could pull it off!!! All the textures and shapes on this card make me happy!

Stamps: A Dozen Thoughts, Timeless Textures
Paper: Calypso Coral, Whisper Whit
Ink: Calypso Coral
Accessories: Bontanical Builder Thinlits Dies, Small Oval Punch, Project Life Corner Rounder Punch, Chevron Border Punch, Pearl Basics

Smiley from Millan.Net And the training continues! I did a 19.2-mile run on Saturday! WHEW!!! My knees and calves were SO mad at me by Saturday evening ... but I am SUPER glad to report that I woke up Sunday morning feeling pretty dang good. China is getting SO close ... and I'm STILL kinda freaking out about doing a marathon on the Great Wall. My biggest hope is that I finish (which I know I have said before). When one does an item for their Bucket List, one wants to make sure that it is done RIGHT!! (And for the curious ... the kanji symbol at the beginning of this paragraph means "love" ...)

Click "Back" for Melissa Stout and "Next" for Amy O'Neill ... super amazing projects, as usual!! (Like you'd expect anything LESS??!!??)


 photo blogsignature_zpsakee3ogk.png

5 comments:

Cathy Casey said...

So cute! I love the tone on tone, very elegant and pretty :)

Wendie Waldman said...

Yummy!

Debra said...

I don't know how you manage to run that far, but holy, you go!! Keep training! You can do it!!!

Bette S said...

Love your card! Just wanted to let you know that my son and his wife went to China last May and did the marathon along the Great Wall of China. He did the whole thing and she did a shorter one. He said it was grueling! First of all it was 90+ degrees. And secondly, it was difficult to keep hydrated. But he did it! And the people over there were so friendly and helpful. They ended up in a group of about 30 or so from all over the world. There were 4 couples from the United States. They have all kept in touch since and are planning to do a marathon in Iceland running over glaciers. So, keep training - lots of fun ahead!! I'm going to be following your progress!!

MarvA1ix said...

Wowee!! One Plus One....I have to try it. That's quite the challenge, but I'm dying to try it.